knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Harlotry

It goes without saying that I hold Stephanie McPhee in high regard. But the Yarn Harlot has outdone herself once again. Her latest post has given me shivers of excitement. And I am not the only one. At the time of this post, the non-lurking knitting community has left 694 comments about it. Yikes.

So, what's she come up with this time? Only the best community knit idea in forever. I am now an official entrant in
The 2006 Knitting Olympics

Here's the deal. You pick a project. A challenge. You cast on your masterpiece on Feb 10 during the Opening Ceremonies. You then have 16 days to complete your project. Cast off before the Olympic flame goes out. Brilliant.

What's more, she's arranged it so that all abilities can participate. You're only competing with yourself. Pick something challenging and get that sucker finished. I love it. Stephanie, you just ROCK.

And take a look at the response! It's overwhelming. There are hundreds of people who will also be going without sleep and drinking too much red wine and getting cramped hands. Who could ask for a better sport?

So. Here's my project:It's a sampler afghan in Galway wool. I will get it done.
I will get it done.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let us know what your afghan pattern is. I've signed on to knit fair isle mittens, but that afghan is great and I'd like to add it to my list of things to do.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger melinda said...

This is a Plymouth pattern. It's called Galway Sampler Pattern. (Galway being the yarn type.) Pattern number is P307. I found it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home