knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Friday, July 06, 2007

fun at home

Despite spending my days with a rather cross and cranky baby, I have really enjoyed this week off from work, getting Liam all better. He's tons better, but you would be cranky too, if someone had taken out chunks of your skull.

The past week has been like a return to early newborn-dom. Liam is up every hour and a half to two hours. But he's beginning to need less and less painkillers, and last night he slept for regular hours, so things are looking up.

I am seriously going to go crazy if I don't knit something. Soon. But I have no exciting yarn, and no inspirations. I could repeat my legwarmers (as I accidentally felted them. Again.). Except that K1P1 in the round might not be the best relief from tedium I could imagine. Or I could make another nifty sampler blanket, like the one I made for the Knitting Olympics (again, accidentally felted). I wish inspiration would bolt out of the sky, preferably with a big, fat bag of new wool.

Is anyone else as ridiculously excited about the last Harry Potter? Anyone?






1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my, that scar hurts my heart, but I am so glad he made it through ok and he will never remember a thing (you however, may never be the same). I hope the crankiness subsides as the little noggin heals- scars on babies heal much better than those on bigger folks. Hugs and prayers to all of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home