knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Slippers v1.3




My great-grandmother was a knitter, and kept the entire extended family, kids and adults, supplied with knit slippers. We loved those slippers. But inevitably, you wore through the bottoms. I'm at the end of my last pair. We lost our Nannie in 2000, so there are no more Nannie slippers to come.

No problem. I'm a knitter! I've got the Nannie Slipper recipe. Just follow the pattern. But, uhh, it doesn't have gauge information. Or yarn recommendations.

My first pair ended up being just right...if you're between the ages of 3 and 5. Second pair...good for age 10. But now I've got it. Ta-da! A new pair of Nannie slippers. The torch is passed. They're pretty straightforward, but oh so cozy. I'll post a pattern in a few days.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only aspire to your knitting greatness! The only thing that I can knit is scarves. I don't even know how to purl!
The slippers look super comfy. My Mom wants to be called "Nannie" by the grandkids. I told her that was up to them. My dad wants to be called "the Geeze". I told him "we'll see". And Katie says she wants to be x=called "Ma'am". Or possibly "Aunt Ma'am". That one may stick.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger melinda said...

Aw, shucks. In fact, I'm about a 3 on the knitting scale of greatness. There are "many accomplished young ladies amongst our acquaintence"...opps, sorry, slipping into Austen-ese.

Katie would make an excellent Aunt Ma'am! And "the Geeze" is a hoot.

My parents are "Grandma & Grandpa"...to the dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home