knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Still here.

And still with child. le sigh. I just know I'm setting myself up for weeks of this waiting. C'mon baby! If he comes now, then I can bring him with me to the baby shower on the 27th! That would be grand.

I've been blogging now for over a year. Happy birthblog to me. I wish my camera batteries weren't dead.

So, onto my present crisis. Two weeks ago, Consumer Reports published findings that failed ALL the infant car seats on the market, except for two. Baby Trend Flex-Loc and Graco Snugride with EPS. That morning, I changed my registry to the Baby Trend one, which looks cool. It's kinda hard to find without buying a whole stroller apparatus too. Overnight, I had a small panic attack, envisioning a nation of hypervigilant parents and parents to be immediately buying up all the available models. So I decided to just buy it. I came to work armed with my credit card, and guess what? Sold out. Everywhere.

In less than 24 hours, every internet storefront offering either safe model was out of stock. I went ahead and placed an order through Target, one of the only stores that would still even allow me to place a backorder. So I'll get one as soon as they're in stock. Which they anticipate as being sometime in early March. Ummm, yeah, I'm sure the hospital will just LOVE that one.

I eventually found another vendor through Amazon that was selling the Snugride (at an immense price) and said they have them in stock. After calling the company directly to verify, I placed another order. If they weren't lying to me, then the car seat should ship tomorrow. IF.

Am having kittens over this. Why must life be so damn complicated?? What happens to parents who show up at the hospital without the most essential piece of baby gear? Will Liam become the hospital mascot? Will we have to live there until the damn car seat ships? Can I bring him home if we walk the 54 miles back to our house?

Waaaaah.

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooo! I want the Graco Snugride! I thought I had at least two months before I needed to think about getting it. Best get shopping now, eh?
Try not to stress about it. Most likely, everything will work out right. If the time comes and your seat hasnt come yet, someone can always run out to Walmart and get a substandard one to use just for the ride home.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Lol...hon, you will be ok, just make sure you have one of those baby slings to carry Liam home during that long walk home! I am sure everything will work out and the seat will arrive mere minutes before you actually need it- sending you birthing vibes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home