knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

his newest thing

I took Liam swimming for the first time this weekend. He loved it. It's going to be difficult to raise a beach baby is a state with no beach, but I'll manage it somehow.

One of the more unfortunate results of our swimming adventure is that Liam has apparently swallowed a live baby dolphin who is now living inside him and making a LOT of noise. The kind that shatters glass. If he is by himself, my lovely sweet baby now makes an unending series of shrieks and squeals as if to say, "This voice is mine, you say? And I control the volume knob? And it goes up to eleven?? Right on!!"

Sigh. It's a good thing he's cute.

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love him.

We just got back from visiting our childless friend in Toronto. He kept trying to insist that Quinn use her "indoor voice." And she was on level 3.

Snort.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Yours only goes up to eleven! Just you wait...

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Glad to hear he is 'finding his voice'! My step-mom always warned me that boys come with 1001 sound effects- I am finding out that is so true and some of them are at a much higher volume than human ears should ever have to endure!

by the way, the pattern I used for the baby blanket I made is here...

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/st_st.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home