knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

mid-February reality check

Every year around this time, I'm astonished to realize that I still have almost two more months of winter to slog through. It always seems like we've already had more than our share. I like winter, but man, you should see what it looks like around here. My four-foot tomato stakes are still up in the garden from last year, and last night the snow finally overtook them. That means there's 48 inches of snow cover in the backyard. And once it's here, it stays put until we get a really good thaw, say around July 1. 48 inches. I shudder to think of this year's mud season.

Anyway, for those of you who still labor under the supposition that it must be so idyllic to live in Vermont, I'll share the view that I wake up with every morning.



Think I'll go open another bottle of wine.

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger monkeysparkets said...

Wow. Just, wow. We are longing for just one good snow around here. We've had nothing more than an inch or two. And the last two days? Sleet and freezing rain nonstop.
PS I like your curtains

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

oh, my... that is some serious snow!

and yet another reason I love NC...

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian's response: "I guess they don't use that door, huh?"

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot the "+h." Horrible mommy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home