knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

all is not lost!

Dudes! Okay, I know this is going to be hard to believe, but I actually finished something.





I present to you the Majestic Mohair Throw from Fiber Trends. This purple mohair boucle yarn was one of the first things I ever purchased, once I got beyond the basics. It cost $75 for a hank, and I was astounded that yarn could cost so much. A beautiful, local yarn. And I have been knitting at this dratted thing for, oh I don't know, decades. It is the most boring, boring patterns in the world. AND the yarn splits easily, so you have to pay attention. AND I had to knit it on metal needles (which I hate) because of said tendency to split.

Oh, but it is a cozy, cozy thing of beauty.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

That color is so pretty! I hate when yarn is difficult to work with, but at least you have something beautiful to show for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home