knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Friday, January 27, 2006

The Art of Patience (part one in a series)

For those of you who know me, it will come as no surprise that I do not count patience among my strengths. I'm well aware of this character flaw, and do try to become better.

That being said, today is beginning to look like one of those days where I'll need every ounce I can muster.

Let me just say that I am very fortunate to have found a job that I l-o-v-e. I've been working for Pompanoosuc Mills for about a year and a half, and I am never, ever leaving. We build hardwood furniture in East Thetford, Vermont. My job is to produce marketing materials, posters, mailings, and manage our website. I have an excellent boss, and my co-workers are very cool.

Here's the view from my desk:
mill
There's my baby...the novajet printer I run & maintain. And there behind that is all my papers and supplies on my work table. And there, behind that, with the big red arrow pointed at her head...is my mother-in-law. *sigh*

Oh yes, there are maaany stories here. But for today, I'll just be leaving it up to your imagination. And if you can imagine it, I've dealt with it.

Patience is a virtue. One I don't have. What I DO have is a formidable stash of audiobooks and pair of noise-canceling headphones. La, la, la...

In other news, Carmelita, Creed, Glenn and I are going to eat sushi and see Strangfolk in Burlington tonight. It's been so long since I've actually gone out that I'm a bit twittery about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home