knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Challenge!

My sister Nora is a genius. Truly. And she knows when I need encouragement.

In the year-and-a-half that I've been at my new job, I've gained coughty pounds. Lunches are prepared for us, and we're encouraged to eat them. I, in particular, am in the even more difficult position of having the chef be my mother-in-law. Also, my coworkers are all skinny men. They want pizza, sheperd's pie, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Since the summertime, I've handled the pressure by avoiding the kitchen entirely. I can't eat that crap any more. Plus, I like veggies, not hot dogs sauteed in butter. Still, the damage has been done.

Well, I'm going on my first vacation in six years this May. We're headed to Pawley's Island in South Carolina, where Glenn & I lived briefly. We worked too hard to have time to enjoy anything then, and we want to give it another go. It's a beautiful spot. And I need to live in a beachhouse, just for a week.

Nora's is coming (hurrah!) and we've decided that we won't be lurking under large t-shirts all week. We have three months to do something about it. Nora sent me here. We're both in. Anyone else want to join? Leave me a comment here, and I'll link to you. Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home