knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Shiny!

What a difference a few minutes can make!

My marginally-grumpy self was just shaken out of the doldrums by the re-emergence of JenLa with a happy surprise.

Apparently, invasive cows, a drought, a nasty cold, and the unexpected expiration of your site domain is not enough to keep down the truly dedicated.

Jen just came through with my Knitting Olympics team button I had requested last week.

I happily announce the formation of the Irish Knitting team. At the moment, it's a team of one. Anyone want to join?




"Scileann fíon fírinne"

6 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Amy said...

As the attorney you never hired or imagined I would be, I must advise you against drinking and then working with needles. With that said, make sure my sweater doesn't come out crooked.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger melinda said...

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to sue the bejeezus out of a randomly-selected Republican administration official for possibly spying on me while I made international calls to Uruguay to check on the status of my yarn order.

You may settle out of court, but the settlement must be a.) enough $$ to make me independnetly wealthy and keep me in greenhouse supplies and yarn until the end of my days, or b.) result in the immediate (and successful) impeachment of Dub-yah.

Should your mission be successful, I will happily and soberly knit you the sweater of your choice.

love ya!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Tuulia said...

love your button!

I'm proved to be mentally Irish by one of these test-yourself-and-blog-it tests (didn't blog it though!), so I support your team 100%. :]

So count me in, and gimme another whiskey ;) I think I hear my needles callin! :D

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

That button is great!! I haven't picked a project yet- but I'd love to be on your olympic drinking- I mean knitting team :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

As an Irish-Australian, I would love to join the Irish Knitting Team.

Anna
http://anna-leard.livejournal.com

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Norskybear said...

I will be knitting while intoxicated quite a bit over the next two weeks, so I would love to join the Irish team as well. Haven't been to Dublin since a rugby clinic a couple of years ago over St Paddy's weekend. Slainte!

Lars
www.norskybear.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home