knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

crankypants

I'm having a bear of a day.

For starters, work. My poster printer has ended it's championship Tent Sale run with a tortuous series of misfires, broken equipment, and general failure to print things the way I want them. Oh, and I have a day and a half to get out a print run that generally takes 4-5 days. Yay.

Secondly, it's hot. I got little sleep due to the humidity and the warming presence of a dog on my feet and a cat on my head. AND the a/c is broken at work. I work over a machine shop. It's at least 10 degrees hotter in here than outside. I'm wearing as little as I can reasonably get away with at work. Am considering sticking my head under the water fountain.

Thirdly, Murphy is in today for his final accident-related surgury. They're removing all the teeth that were broken when he got hit. That is actually good news (apart from the bill). What's not so good is the testing on his kidney functions. I have to leave early to consult with Dr. Christine over what to do. More meds and a prescription diet, I'm guessing. Also, she told me, "We want this dog to have as good of a remaining life, for as long as we can." Ouch.

Finally, I've got potatoes, garlic, onions and basil in the ground. This leaves about fifty items that should be in the ground, but aren't. I need a, whatsitcalled, a doppleganger? Or a personal assistant.

Wah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home