knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

baby blitz

Dear oh dear. Thanks Jess, for recommending the world's most addictive reading for parents-to-be. Baby Bargains has been keeping me up waaay past my bedtime for two nights running. (You're supposed to read it cover to cover, right??)

First, a dilemma. My parents still have my baby crib. That makes it 29 years old. They are gently suggesting that we use it. I keep going back and forth, back and forth. Do I use it? Do I run screaming?

Pros: It is FREE. It has successfully raised four children, all of whom lived to tell the tale. It's kinda heirloom-y. Did I mention it was free?

Cons: Well, duh. It's thirty years behind in safety standards. There are wide spaces between slats AND it had corner posts. Everything I read rants about not using a crib even a few years out of date.

So, Do I become super-safety paranoid mama, or laid-back possibly-put-my-child-in-jepoardy mama? Gaargh.

Moving on, it is supremely difficult to get in a full day's work after reading the baby bedding section. The siren call of the internet is very hard to avoid. But I'm sharing because I'd like some help. The nursery. I found so many bedding sets I love that I think my head is about to come spinning off. So, vote for your favorite and help me make a decision. Because I simply cannot on my own.

Caveat: I have no intention of creating the matchy-matchy nursery haven shown below. Diaper bags? Please. I'm not even going to get a changing table. My wicker dresser with glass top will work juuust fine, thank you! But still...they're so freakin cute!! So without further ado, and in no particular order...once y'all have weighed in, I'll let you know what way we go!




Whales Tale

Turtle Bay


Starry Night




Oh, and I've finished both the Farmyard Baby Wrap and the Baby Hoodie Sweater. Can't show em to you, though, because Glenn misplaced the camera.

UPDATED: After sleeping on it, and discussing with Glenn, we've narrowed our choices somewhat, so I've deleted the losers.

4 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whale's Tale!

(p.s. a glass-topped changing table might be slippery when LL pees on it . . . )

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger melinda said...

Actually, I was going to model it after your setup. You have some sort of scooped pad on a dresser top, right? What is that thing?

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Megan said...

I like Starry Night...we turned our dresser into a changing table too just by adding a changing pad. Done. MUCH cheaper than paying for a whole piece of furniture that would be useless in the space of 2-3 years.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just a changing pad with a terry-cloth cover. Got it at Mini-Corps Kids (next to Lebanon Coop). It attaches to the back of the dresser with some straps and screws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home