knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

file under: miscellaneous

I've been ruminating all day on how to describe hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday. And what I've come up with is that it's just not possible. Well, not possible for me, anyway. My powers of description just utterly fail. Or maybe it's like trying to describe the first time you ride a bike without training wheels, or what a heart attack feels like. Words just fail. So, I heard my baby's heartbeat. And I can't wait to hear it again.

In other news, Pompyland has been notified of the imminent arrival. Hurrah for the end of secrecy!

Today is the third day in a row where I don't feel like throwing up every other minute. Please oh please oh please let this be the end.

Mosquitoes can indeed penetrate the bottom of one's foot.

Flintstones chewable vitamins are a perfectly acceptable substitute for nasty prenatal vitamins until such time as my stomach can accept them again.

JBQ are leaving on Friday. I am saddened.

When stepped upon on a dark porch, fresh peach cores feel very much like rodent insides. But they're not. The rodents are left on the bedroom carpet, windowsill, or comforter, and not on the porch.

It's time to pick raspberries.

I am giving up on maintaining the following vegetables: parsley, chard, parsnips, soybeans, bush beans, potatoes and carrots. It's just not possible to keep up with the weed removal.



And last but not least, I give you an excerpt from today most memorable conversation:

me: Everything went great yesterday, so I'll going to start telling people at work about the baby today.



MIL: oh, oh, how wonderful. Then everyone will be swarming me.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Glad I am not the only one letting the veggies go to the weeds! So glad to hear all is well with LL (are ya still calling him/her that?) and that you can finally start spreading the great news! That first heartbeat is indeed magical....and it only gets better from there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home