knits & plants

aah, the simple life. almost.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

oh, and

for all those mamas out there...how to get rid of the Belly?

I gained 35 pounds during this pregnancy. 10 was baby and other stuff, and 25 was fluid. The great thing about that was, I had already lost it by the time I left the hospital.

However.

I alrady had a belly pre-baby. Now I have an "I could be five months pregnant" belly. I've hauled my early maternity pants back out of storage. That hurt.

So, ummm, how do I get rid of it??

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Keep breastfeeding and buy a sling or baby carrier(back/front pack) put Liam in it and walk every day...It took me about 4 or 5 months to lose all my baby weight just walking and nursing- no other changes in diet or exercise. Also I would suggest taking up yoga...nothing extreme, just 15 or so minutes in the morning and evening. The stretching will do wonders for your back and you will need it because you are going to be picking up that kid for the next three years or so and he is just going to get heavier! As an added bonus, yoga is a great stress reliever- and where there are babies (even the cutest and sweetest) there is stress!

Take it easy on those abs, I know you are worried about the 'mama pooch' but give those muscles time to heal from stretching during pregnancy and your c-section. My son is almost 6 and I still get shooting pains across my c-section scar when I sneeze or laugh really hard. (I did not take it as easy as I should have).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home